Since 1996, I have published the following books as an editor, co-editor, single author….
16. Encyclopedia of Biomedical Gerontology, Editor-in-Chief: Suresh I.S. Rattan; 3 volumes, Elsevier/Academic Press; 2019. ISBN: 978-0-12-816075-6
15. The Science of Hormesis in Health and Longevity, Editors: Suresh Rattan and Marios Kyriazis; Academic Press UK; 2019, ISBN: 978-0-12-814253-0
14. Hormones in Ageing and Longevity, Editors: Suresh Rattan and Ramesh Sharma, volume-6 in the book series “Healthy Ageing and Longevity”, Series Editor, Suresh Rattan; 2017; doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-63001-4; ISBN Hard cover: 978-3-319-63000-7; series ISSN: 2199-9007
13. Cellular Ageing and Replicative Senescence. Editors: Suresh Rattan and Leonard Hayflick, Springer Publ., (2016), volume 4 in the book series “Healthy Ageing and Longevity”, Series Editor, Suresh Rattan; ISBN: printed version: 978-3-319-26237-6, ebook: 978-3-319-26239-0; Springer Publishers.
12. Hormesis in Health and Disease. Editors: Suresh Rattan and Eric Le Bourg, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, USA (2014) ISBN: 978-148-2205459
11. Brain Aging and Therapeutic Interventions. Editors: Mahendra K. Thakur and Suresh Rattan; Springer Publ., (2012). ISBN: 978-94-007-5236-8; ISBN (eBook): 978-94-007-5237-5
10. Calorie Restriction, Aging and Longevity. Editors: A. Everitt, S.I.S. Rattan, D. Le Couteur and R. de Cabo; Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands; 2010; ISBN 978-90-481-8555-9 e-ISBN 978-90-481-8556-6
9. DOSE RESPONSE (volume 8, issue 1, 2010; special issue), Guest editors: Eric Le Bourg and Suresh Rattan
8. Mild Stress and Healthy Aging: Applying Hormesis in Aging Research and Intervention. Editors: Eric Le Bourg and Suresh Rattan; Springer Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands ISBN: 978-1-4020-6868-3 (2008).
7. Biogerontology: Mechanisms and Interventions; Editors: Suresh Rattan and Serif Akman; Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, volume 1100; New York, USA (2007).
6. Healthy Aging and Longevity. Editors: Noah J. Weller and Suresh Rattan; Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, volume 1114; New York, USA (2007).
5. Prevention and Treatment of Age-related Diseases; Editors: Suresh Rattan and Moustapha Kassem; Springer Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands ISBN: 10-1-4020-4884-X (2006).
4. Understanding and Modulating Aging; Editors: Suresh Rattan, Peter Kristensen and Brian Clark; Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, volume 1067; New York, USA (2006).
3. Aging Interventions and Therapies; Editor: Suresh Rattan; World Scientific Books, Singapore; 2005; ISBN:981-256-084-X
2. Modulating Aging and Longevity; Editor: Suresh Rattan; Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2003, Dordrecht/Boston/London ISBN: 1-4020-1369-8 2.
1. Molecular Gerontology: Research Status and Strategies; Editors: Suresh Rattan and Olivier Toussaint; Plenum Press, London, 1996. ISBN: 0-306-45491-2
1991: Cellular Ageing; Guest Editor for the special issue of the journal Mutation Research, vol 256, Nos. 2-6, 1991.
Book series: Healthy Ageing and Longevity- HAL;
series editor: Suresh I.S. Rattan (starting from 2014).
If you want to bring out a book in this series, please send me your proposal, and then we can proceed from there. book series HAL: this series is aiming to bring out 2-3 volumes per year for the next several years to come: SERIES ISSN: 2199-9007
- HAL series, volume -1: TOWARDS POST AGEING, 2014
- HAL series – volume-2: 2015: NUTRITION, EXERCISE AND EPIGENETICS
- HAL series – volume 3: 2015: LIFE EXTENSION – LESSONS FROM DROSOPHILA
- HAL series – volume 4: 2016: CELLULAR AGEING AND REPLICATIVE SENESCENCE
- HAL series – volume 5: 2017: AGEING: LESSONS FROM C. ELEGANS
- HAL series – volume 6: 2017: HORMONES IN AGEING AND LONGEVITY
- HAL series – volume 7: 2017: CIRCADIAN RHYTHMS AND THEIR IMPACT ON AGING
- HAL series – volume 8: 2018: TRACE ELEMENTS AND MINERALS IN HEALTH AND LONGEVITY
- HAL series – volume 9: 2019: EARLY LIFE ORIGINS OF AGEING AND LONGEVITY.
- HAL series – volume 10: 2019: BIOMARKERS OF HUMAN AGING
My science-communication and educational books
- Wiek i Stargenie (Age&Ageing; in Polish; translatd from AGE); Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Poznana, Poland;, 2019
- AGE, in English in the book series REFLECTIONS, by Aarhus University Press, 2018.
- ALDER, in Danish in the book series TÆNKEPAUSE, by Aarhus University Press, 2017.
- E=GMC2 formlen for evig ungdom (E =GMC2, the formula for eternal youth – a popular science book in Danish for school and college students, with accompanying CD ROM; Malling Beck Publishers, Copenhagen); awarded the Education Prize 2003, from the Danish Education Ministry.
- Where’s Baba Gone? – a story-based book on the science and philosophy of life, ageing and death, in Punjabi and English; Published in India; 1997, 2002, 2009; in English 1999, 2002, 2011; in Hindi (2012); in Polish 2009 (Dokad Odchodzisz? translated by Monika Kowaleczko-Szumowska) as an EU-supported project on Science and Humanities, (ACUME2); in Romanian (UNDE SA-DUS BABA; 2012), and is being prepared in Italian, Greek, and Spanish languages.
Fantastic drawings in these Baba books can be seen on the Picasa Album by clicking here; Indian drawings are by the artist Rahi Mohinder Singh, and Polish drawings are by the artist Anna Ladcka.
- Dharam, Manukhta te Vigyan (Religion, Humanity and Science): – a collection of essays on science and social issues in Punjabi, published by the Rationalist Society (Punjab, India) 2002; these essays are reprinted from previously published articles in newspapers, Punjabi Tribune (Chandigarh), and Nawan-Zamana (Jallandhar), India.
Front covers of my books:
A book series of 5 volumes titled:
3. Biological Aging and its Modulation
Series Editor: Suresh I. S. Rattan
Kluwer Academic Publishers; Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2003-2004.